Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Favorite Season

I love fall.

I love the crispness of the air and the cool mornings. I love it when the leaves change color and you can hear the rustle of the wind in the trees. I love pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin lattes. Spice scented candles and hot apple cider. More than anything, I love the peacefulness of this wonderful season.

Today feels like the first day of fall. I feel the desire to start decorating my house for the upcoming holiday season that is to come. For some reason my husband thinks that September is too early for Christmas decorations...but what does he know???

Peaceful, wonderful, fall.

I would love to sit here all morning in the quiet. I have a full cup of my french vanilla Folgers with Creme Brulee creamer...life is good. I sure do wish that my mama and sister were here to enjoy this wonderful day. We do love drinking coffee together in the mornings. 7 more years and I will be able to move closer to them so that we can do this together often.

What is that I hear??? Is that the sound of feet coming down the stairs? My 2 year old boy, who is a whirlwind of excited energy, has decided to join me. I wonder if he would go back to bed if I hide in the closet and pretend that I am not awake. Maybe he will get in bed with his daddy and sleep a little longer.

My peaceful morning is now just a memory. Maybe I will wake up a little earlier tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. I love this and I sure do wish I were there. I am drinking a cup of coffee thinking of how wonderful our life is just to be family. I love you.

    ReplyDelete